In July 2011, we broke ground for an expansion and redesign of our Emergency Department and Trauma Center that will transform the way emergency care is provided to the community. While experiencing double-digit growth in the Emergency Department in each of past three years, patient satisfaction scores remain in the 90th to 95th percentile. The new expansion and redesign will provide the ability to care for up to 100,000 people annually – nearly double the current capacity – to help meet the increasing need in the region for prompt and advanced emergency care.
Specialty service lines include the county's only state-accredited Trauma Center; the Heart Center, providing specialized cardiac services that include open heart surgery, cardiac catheterization, and electrophysiology; a regional Cancer Center; orthopedics; and women's services. The Primary Stroke Center and Joint Replacement Center have earned disease-specific accreditation from the Joint Commission.
St. Mary is one of the region's largest employers and offers outstanding compensation and benefit packages.
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree in a healthcare-related field.
- Credentialing as Registered Health Information Administrator or Registered Health Information Technician preferred, and Certified Tumor Registrar required.
- Ability to read and interpret medical terminology and apply coding skills utilizing knowledge of anatomy, physiology and disease processes.
- Advanced level of experience with computers, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Office and knowledge of cancer registration software required.
- Experience in Cancer Registry operations preferred.
St. Mary Medical Center, 1201 Langhorne-Newtown Road, Langhorne, PA 19047.